The Insurance Institute is the leading provider of education, training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for the general insurance industry in Ireland. With a membership of over 17,500, we are committed to creating meaningful, efficient and effective communication channels, which members can use to contact us or learn more about the organisation.
To complement our regular communication channels, the organisation is present on a number of social media platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
This policy contains the rules and guidelines, which Insurance Institute members, staff and council members should familarise themselves with and adhere to when interacting with The Insurance Institute and its Local Institutes (Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Sligo) on social media platforms.
We welcome questions and commentary, including constructive feedback, however, for the comfort of all participants, it is expected that community members will behave in a reasonable way at all times.
Personal abuse, offensive and unlawful activity will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove posts and block any followers that do not adhere to these guidelines and/or that we deem to be the following:
- Offensive, threatening, abusive or use obscene language (profanities and derogatory words) or content (images, video, links and so on)
- Anything advising or suggesting activities that may be harmful or dangerous
- Comments or posts deemed to be completely off-topic and not of any relevance or connection to the theme of the page
- Potentially libelous accusations or statements
- Any spam or content for unrelated service or products
- Anything of an illegal or unlawful nature
- Any content (copy or imagery) that violates copyright or license agreements
- Any content that is disrespectful/offensive towards other community members or III staff
Correspondence will not be entered into.
Privacy and Security Policies
To protect the privacy of our online community members and the privacy of others, no personal information should be posted to any of our social media pages. Users should also remember that they are subject to the terms and conditions of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Hours of Service
We monitor our social media profiles during office hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5pm.