We endeavour to:
- Answer quickly and courteously.
- Provide the information required in a helpful manner.
- Deal with the enquiry without passing the call to another extension where possible.
- Take the enquiry and telephone number and call or write back if the enquiry cannot be answered quickly.
- Give contact names in all telephone communications to ensure ease of ongoing transactions.
- Ensure the call forwarding system is used when people are absent.
Visitors to the III's offices
- Deal with enquiries as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Respect clients privacy and provide private space where and if necessary.
- Keep our offices safe, clean, and accessible.
Letters and emails
- Write as clearly as possible.
- Only use technical terms where absolutely necessary.
- Ensure that all letters carry a contact name, telephone number and a reference, if relevant.
Forms, leaflets and other published materials
- Use simple and clear language.
- Give precise explanations.
- Make published material of all kinds freely available, including online.
Applications / Claims
- Make application forms available in electronic format on an ongoing basis;
- Make a decision as quickly as possible on receipt of a valid application;
- Deal with applications consistently and impartially in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations.
Courtesy and Consideration
Whether your business is conducted in person, by telephone or correspondence, we acknowledge that at all times you are entitled to:
- a prompt and courteous service;
- sensitivity to your privacy and confidentiality;
- interaction with friendly and helpful staff,