Commitment To Members
Please note that The Insurance Institute is a professional body offering educational services to its members. If your complaint relates to an issue you are experiencing with your insurance provider, please contact Insurance Ireland for assistance.
The Insurance Institute is committed to providing a quality service for its members and working in an open and accountable manner to maintain the trust and respect of all its stakeholders.
An ethos of customer care drives all of the III's activities and so we undertake to honour the following principles:
- The rights of equal treatment established by equality legislation are adhered to.
- Sensitivity to age, disability and capacity to understand often complex rules is ensured.
- Rules while important are not applied so rigidly as to create inequity.
- Provide clean, accessible public offices that ensure privacy, comply with occupational and safety standards and, as part of this, facilitate access for disabled people and others with specific needs.
- An active approach to providing information is taken.
- Information is clear, timely and accurate.
- Information is available at all points of contact and meets the requirements of members.
- Deliver quality services with courtesy, sensitivity and minimum delay.
- Give contact names in all communications to ensure ease of ongoing transactions.
- We recognise that there may be occasions when the system does not function as well as we would hope.
- An open, simple to use and confidential system for customers who are dissatisfied with the quality of services or who may wish to suggest improvements is available.