The Insurance Charities Awareness Week takes place from 20–24 June
Jun 17 2016
The Insurance Charities supports individuals and families associated with the insurance industry in the UK and Ireland who are suffering financial hardship.
The charity offers friendly advice and support during financial or health difficulties and is funded entirely by donations from those working in the insurance industry.
Each year, the Insurance Charities pays out over €1.5 million to past and present insurance professionals and their families.
How The Insurance Charities can help
The Insurance Charities can offer assistance if:
- you or a dependent relative has worked for at least five years in the insurance industry, in any role, in Ireland or the UK,
- you are in a position of financial hardship,
- you have experienced an element of misfortune that has contributed to your financial hardship, such as a health issue, unemployment or marital breakdown.
How you can get involved
- You can donate to The Insurance Charities directly here
- Order a free gift box or goodie bag to raise awareness around the office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take part in The Insurance Institute of Galway’s walk of the Salthill Prom on 17 June – learn more here
Have a look at this video showing how The Insurance Charities have helped people in times of hardship:
Contact The Insurance Charities
Many people in need of the support of The Insurance Charities are unaware of its existence. If you or a past or present insurance colleague is struggling, contact The Insurance Charities to see how they can help.
Call 1800 812 933 or visit www.theinsurancecharities.ie to apply for assistance, to get advice or to get involved.
Like The Insurance Charities on Facebook
Follow The Insurance Charities on Twitter