By registering for membership of The Insurance Institute you agree to abide by the Membership Terms & Conditions.
- By registering for membership of The Insurance Institute (“the Institute”) you are also registering to become a member of a Local Institute (Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick or Sligo), as indicated by your choice of Local Institute on the membership form or as allocated to you on the basis of your business address.
- You can change this preference by accessing your record online or by contacting the Institute. You understand the importance of this preference as it is used to ensure that you receive appropriate details of services, which are available at Local Institute level.
- Once admitted to membership of the Institute, you shall abide by these Terms & Conditions, our Code of Ethics and Conduct, the Rules and Regulations of the Institute, our Memorandum & Articles of Association, and of the Constitution of the Local Institute.
You agree that in the event that you hold an Insurance Institute designation, you must:
- Maintain your membership of The Insurance Institute
- Fully participate in a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Scheme and comply with its requirements
- Ensure that you provide the Insurance Institute with your accurate and up to date contact details
- Return your designation certificate to the Insurance Institute if you cease to be a member.
You agree that as a condition of your CPD membership of the Institute, we may provide information on your CPD activity to our Professional Standards Committee (PSC) who oversee the administration of our CPD Scheme and ensures the upholding of professional standards and ethics throughout the industry.
Data Protection & Privacy
The Insurance Institute respects the right to privacy of members. The information provided directly to us and generated as a result of your membership of the Institute is processed in line with Data Protection legislation and the Institute’s Data Protection Policy.
Please take time to read through this Policy.
Register of Compliant Persons
The Institute publishes a Register of Compliant persons, as part of the Central Bank’s Minimum Competency Code, and the names of members holding one or more designations or grandfathered members are published on it. You can request removal of your name from the Register at any time by contacting the Institute.
Where your employer is sponsoring your membership, The Insurance Institute may share the following information with them: confirmation of membership registration, designation status and CPD hours (if applicable).
Where your employer is sponsoring your exams, The Insurance Institute may share the following information with them; confirmation of exam registration, attendance/non-attendance/deferral of exam, exam results (pass/fail only) and designation status, if accepted.
We do this to facilitate regulated firms to comply with their obligations under the Central Bank’s Minimum Competency Code 2017 (“MCC”).
Please note that we do not disclose to employers any information regarding physical or mental health issues which are notified to us (e.g. for the purposes of pro rata CPD).
If requested by the Central Bank, the Institute may disclose information for Minimum Competency Code requirements.
Last updated: 25 May 2018