Professional Certificate in Insurance (APA)
Your career progression starts here.
Who is this qualification for?
- School leavers or graduates looking to start a career in insurance
- Career changers hoping to move into the insurance sector
- New entrants to the insurance industry who need to meet the requirements of the Central Bank's MCC
- Grandfathered Persons looking to build exam confidence
Product categories, designation and qualification
We award the APA designation for the three main non-life insurance product categories:
- personal general insurance (PDI-03)
- commercial general insurance (PDI-04)
- private medical insurance (PDI-05)
The academic qualification is the Professional Certificate in Insurance, which is a level 7 certificate on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). It is awarded by UCD through the Institute of Banking in Ireland College of Professional Finance.
Want to know more?
Fill in the form opposite to get your copy of our Professional Certificate in Insurance booklet. It'll tell you everything you need to know about getting started with an insurance qualification.
Start your APA journey today
To get started, you'll need to become a member of The Insurance Institute. Simply click here and follow the steps. Once a member, you'll be all set to register for your first exam.
Want to chat?
Our Member Services team will be happy to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 645 6670
Learn all about the APA
Simply fill in the form below to access our booklet download.