Assure consumers and employers of your continuing competence and fitness to practice
What You Get:
- An exciting programme of lectures available to members as a member benefit.
- Relevant content: the latest industry trends, legislation & its consequences and technical matters.
- Views from the top: leading industry experts, panel discussions and insights from the Regulator's office.
A flexible programme to meet the Central Bank of Ireland's 15 formal hours annual CPD requirement as stipulated by the Minimum Competency Code 2011.
- Face to Face lectures with 6 locations to choose from
- A suite of online e-learning via iiiConnect
- An ethics specific lecture available in each location
- Professional Networking and Peer Engagement
You can join today and attend any CPD lecture for free or you can pay a small fee of €35 per lecture to attend in a non-member capacity.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
"The III CPD lecture series is an ideal way to help achieve your CPD targets - the range of topics covered is very broad and the speakers provide relevant & well delivered presentations"- Pat O’Kelly, ACII Chartered Insurer
Lecture presentations are available to all III members via iiiConnect, which can be accessed via the Member Area Login located in the top right hand corner of each page of this website..
Non-members who have attended lectures can email email@example.com to request lecture downloads.
Login - Learn - Complete
We provide comprehensive online CPD learning options, via iiiConnect, allowing you to complete your CPD requirements to fit with your schedule. You can access content, developed by experts in their fields no matter where you are in the country.
To make your life easier, any CPD accredited e-learning that you complete through iiiConnect will be automatically added to your CPD profile in PSAB-GI’s CPD Manager within 24 hours of completion.
"For someone like me, maximising my time for customer contact is essential, so online CPD is a great option."- Eamonn Murray CIP
How does the Minimum Competency Code affect my CPD?
The key CPD requirement of the MCC, effective from
1st January 2012 is:
All qualified and grandfathered persons must complete 15 formal hours of CPD each calendar year.
In addition, all persons:
- must complete at least one hour of CPD each calendar year for each function undertaken;
- must complete at least one hour of CPD each calendar year which relates to ethics;
- may not carry over surplus CPD hours into the following year;
- must ensure the content of the CPD hours undertaken is directly relevant to their functions;
- must participate in a CPD scheme operated by a relevant professional body or retain a written log where they arrange their own CPD to show that they have satisfied the requirement;
- may apply for a pro-rata adjustment of CPD for statutory leave or long term illness leave (two months or more) but NOT for career break, unemployment, part-time work, retirement or annual leave.
In addition, firms must keep a register of accredited persons. If accredited persons do not meet CPD requirements they will be removed from the register.
You can download our One Step Ahead, MCC Synopsis or the complete document below.
PSAB-GI has awarded formal CPD to the III's Lecture Series. Please check the CPD category/qualification to make sure it qualifies towards your yearly requirement. Where lectures are identified as a 2 hour block, delegates must attend for the duration to avail of full CPD accreditation.
Make sure to check with your employer the area of activity you were grandfathered in to ensure the lecture is relevant to you.
Thinking of joining the III and getting your professional insurance career on-track?
Membership is valid from the month of registration to the 31st December and annually thereafter, once the annual subscription fee has been paid to the III in full.
You must retain your membership to avail of the CPD programme free of charge.
To reserve your place, simply login to the Member Area (located above), follow the link to iiiConnect and navigate to Face-to-Face events.
Give Your Feedback
It's really important to us that your voice is heard. If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact our CPD Manager, Deirdre Morrissey.
T: 01 645 6638 M: 086 854 3158
Get Smart and Swipe
This personal smartcard allows you to swipe in at CPD lectures, automatically recording your attendance and updating your PSAB-GI compliance portfolio!
Get in touch with our Events Team:
Events & Marketing Executives
Berenice Grimley - 01 645 6613
Sarah Clarke - 01 645 6623
Amanda Dunne - 01 645 6604
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org