Principles of our Membership Service
In our dealings with our members we will undertake the following:
- Ensure the rights of equal treatment established by equality legislation are adhered to.
- Ensure sensitivity having regard to age, disability and capacity to understand often-complex rules.
- Ensure that rules while important are not applied so rigidly as to create inequity.
- Provide clean, accessible public offices that ensure privacy, comply with occupational and safety standards and, as part of this, facilitate access for disabled people and others with specific needs.
- Take an active approach in providing information that is clear, timely and accurate, is available at all points of contact and meets the requirements of all our members
Timeliness and Courtesy
- Deliver quality services with courtesy, sensitivity and minimum delay.
- Give contact names in all communications to ensure ease of all ongoing transactions.
- We recognise that there may be occasions when the system will not function as well as we would hope. We have established an openly accessible, simple to use and confidential system for any customers who are dissatisfied with the quality of services or who may wish to suggest improvements.
- Ensure staff is recognised as internal customers and that they are properly supported and consulted.