Board of Directors
A landmark year, 2013 saw The Insurance Institute incorporate as a company with limited liability by guarantee, and in so doing alter its corporate governance structure to include a Board of Directors. This significant development brought The Insurance Institute in line with structures common to non-profit organisations, thereby ensuring compliance with the Companies’ Acts and consistency with the Central Bank’s Corporate Governance Code.
The make-up of the Board of Directors is stipulated in the Articles of Association of The Insurance Institute which also provides for rotation of directors to ensure that it remains representative.
The Insurance Institute Board of Directors 2016–2017
- Chairman Denis Kelleher ACII Chartered Insurer, Certified Insurance Director, QFA Dip IT New Ireland Assurance
- CEO Dermot Murray Certified Insurance Director QFA MBA The Insurance Institute
- Chair of the Remuneration Committee Dargan FitzGerald FCA EY
- Vice President Gearoid Gilley FCII Chartered Insurer Vhi Healthcare
- Board Member Evelyn Hanrahan Dip IoD BA HDE QFA FLIA APA (Personal General Insurance) Compliance Governance and Training Ltd
- President Jim Duncan ACII Chartered Insurer B Eng (Hons) MIRM Chubb Insurance
- Secretary Frank Craven Certified Insurance Director The Insurance Institute
- Chair of the Professional Standards Committee Prof. Gerard McHugh MA PhD FCCA Trinity College Dublin
- Board Member Caitriona Somers FCILA FCII Chartered Insurance Practitioner MSc Bus(Hons) CDir
- Board Member Paula Hodson FCII Chartered Insurer MMII Grad Certified Insurance Director The Insurance Institute