Social Media Policy
The Insurance Institute of Ireland (III) is the leading provider of education, training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for the general insurance industry in Ireland. With a membership of over 12,500, the III is committed to creating meaningful, efficient and effective communication channels, which members can use to contact the III or learn more about the organisation.
To complement the III’s regular communication channels, the organisation is present on two social media platforms: Facebook and LinkedIn.
This policy contains the rules and guidelines, which III members, staff and council members should familarise themselves with and adhere to when interacting with the III and its Local Institutes (Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Sligo) on social media platforms.
The III welcomes questions and commentary, including constructive feedback, however, for the comfort of all participants, it is expected that community members will behave in a reasonable way at all times.
Personal abuse, offensive and unlawful activity will not be tolerated. The III reserves the right to remove posts and block any followers that do not adhere to these guidelines and/or that we deem to be the following:
- Offensive, threatening, abusive or use obscene language (profanities and derogatory words) or content (images, video, links and so on)
- Anything advising or suggesting activities that may be harmful or dangerous
- Comments or posts deemed to be completely off-topic and not of any relevance or connection to the theme of the page
- Potentially libelous accusations or statements
- Any spam or content for unrelated service or products
- Anything of an illegal or unlawful nature
- Any content (copy or imagery) that violates copyright or license agreements
- Any content that is disrespectful/offensive towards other community members or III staff
Correspondence will not be entered into.
Privacy and Security Policies
To protect the privacy of III online community members and the privacy of others, no personal information should be posted to any of the III social media pages. Users should also remember that they are subject to the terms and conditions of Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you would like to connect with us, you can find us as follows:
Hours of Service
III related social media profiles are monitored regularly during office hours: Monday - Thursday 9.00 - 5.30 and Friday 9.00 - 5.00.